Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Garbage Man Cometh

Last Wednesday, I arrived home from work at the usual time. I checked the mail and retrieved the newspaper. I also noticed two brown garbage cans in front of the driveway. "How odd," I thought. "Garbage day is on Friday, and our normal cans are black." I investigated the situation. On top of these new brown cans, there was a note from the city informing us that a new waste disposal company would now be providing garbage service to residents, and these were to be our new cans. This is a very good thing, because our old cans were getting quite smelly.

I opened the cans and was quite impressed by just how clean they were. So impressed that...


I had to get in. I don't think I have ever been in a garbage can, and I couldn't miss out on this opportunity. Jess got home shortly after and noticed me climbing in. "What a funny man I am married too," smirked my confused wife. We decided to make a movie, albeit a short one. We did two takes for your enjoyment. This could be the beginnings of a low budget movie on the Chiller network.

The Garbage Man Cometh: Take 1


The Garbage Man Cometh: Take 2


As a side note, do any of you wonder if your neighbors ever notice what you are doing? Well, to answer that, I was told by a mom today that her kids were watching me pop out of the garbage can from their window. They enjoyed it so much that they soon began playing in their new garbage can. I'm quite the neighbor.

5 comments:

  1. You are quite the neighbor, I'm sure! Just like Brian, simple things cam entertain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My laughing scale was equivalent to a few episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" I watched recently. Sooooooo funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q knows us too well Nate. Two words... High Larious!!! I will be the first in line to buy the "straight to dvd" release of The Garbage Man Cometh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Oscar! (get it? Oscar the Grouch lives in a Garbage Can.)

    I Recycle. Everything. No Need for a Garbage Can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Nate & Jess. -Cam

    ReplyDelete