Sunday, March 6, 2011

Craving for Subway

One thing you should know about me and Jess, is that we rarely eat at Subway.  I think one of the last times we ate there, we were traveling, and it was the closest restaurant around at lunchtime.  So, I was quite surprised one day on my way home from work to get a call from Jess asking if I could stop at Subway to pick up a couple sandwiches for dinner.  That was a change from our normal home cooked meals, but I didn't see any problem with that.  I got Jess a baked chicken sub with everything on it.  That is what she said she'd been craving.

After I got Subway, I called to make sure there wasn't anything else she'd like.  Well, it just so happens that she also wanted some Sun Chips and some Sprite.  That is typical for this type of meal, so I stopped at Walmart to pick up the chips and soda.  However, things started to get a little odd when she found out I was going to Walmart to get the chips and soda.  She requested I pick up tator tots stating again, that she'd been craving them.  I ended up leaving Walmart with chips, sprite, tator tots, and cookies.

After this unusual behavior, I started to pay a little bit more attention to Jessica's subtleties.  I noticed that Jess has been eating a lot more.  This has led to Jess feeling sick in the mornings (from 8 am to noon to be precise) and Jess has also started to put on weight.  Normally, I wouldn't say anything, but since her belly started to expand, I tactfully asked if she was doing alright.  That's when I noticed the moodiness.  Jess has been wearing her emotions on her sleeve.

I can't explain what is happening, and I'm not sure what to do other than to be my normal patient self.  If any of you have experienced similar situations, maybe you could help me understand what is happening to my wife?

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of those symptoms. If they get more severe, maybe a visit to the doctor might be in order. If this is truly what I think it is, congratulations. Only you, Nate, would make an announcement like this. Love you all,
    and give Logan a big hug from Grandma A.

    ReplyDelete