Sunday, June 28, 2009

Escalante Pictures, as Promised

I don't know why it took me so long to post my photos from Escalante, but here they are. Enjoy!

The surprisingly wet entrance to Peek-a-boo.

Jess and John braving the mud, Nate wasn't so sure.


The brave adventurer.

Nate, Nate, and John exiting Peek-a-boo, about to begin our trek to the next slot canyon.


Nate and Nate squeezing through Spooky. Jessica's salads are paying off.


Hair of gold. Doesn't it look like the heavens are smiling on us?


The Nates and the sand dune.


Jess striking a pose in Brimstone.


Looking out of Brimstone.

Jess and Nate in the desert with Coyote Gulch in the distance.

The wind doing wonders with our hair above Steven's Arch.

John, Nate A, and Nate B entering Coyote Gulch through a precarious crack.

Jess fitting in quite well with her surroundings.


Sitting above one of the many pretty waterfalls.

Question: What is the difference between a natural bridge and an arch?
Stay tuned for the answer*.


Mr. Cool getting a kiss under the natural bridge. Who needs mistletoe?


Water carving through sandstone below trees and ferns in the cliff.


Jess reading the map by Jacob Hamblin arch and hoping that we have reached the end.


Jess and Nate at Lower Calf Creek Falls, where a certain wedding ring was lost...


...and found. Whew! Thanks to Jess for finding my ring.
asdf
Escalante is beautiful country. I hope everyone enjoyed the sampling of pictures I posted on the blog. If you have yet to visit this part of Utah, I highly recommend it goes on your list of places to see before you die.
asdf
*The difference between a natural bridge and an arch is water. Water runs underneath a natural bridge, but not underneath an arch. Oh how my blog is both entertaining and educational.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics, and thanks for the education too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, great post. I seriously want to check out Esc. I told a bunch of my buddies at work the story of Aron Ralston in the Blue John canyon, i.e. the arm elimination project. They couldn't believe it. I was like, "yeah, it totally happened" and they were like "Dude, no way" and I was like, "yeah, seriously, can you believe he freaking cut off his own arm?" and they were like, "dude. HoLEE Cow" and I was like, "Yeah, let's go get some lunch" and they were like, "yeah, good idea, what do you want for lunch" and I was like, "How about some Chinese at the Mall" and they were like, "yeah, ok, sounds good". It was AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete