Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Job

Well, after years of college, I finally have a full time job. I started last Monday, and Friday ended my first full week on the job. I start back up again tomorrow. I mostly enjoy my work, but to be honest, I don't fully understand what my job is yet. I think it will take some time to learn exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. So far, it has been a lot of training and a trial by fire. This next week will likely be more difficult, followed by another week of training. Then I'm hoping after that I'll settle in a bit more.

I've had a month of vacation from the time I graduated and the time I started work. The free time was really nice. I miss it. After my first week on the job, I told Jess I was going to quit, so we could just hang out all day. Jess told me I was just going through growing pains. It's not like I dislike my work. I rather enjoy being an engineer and doing the work. It's just that I like Jess and playing a whole lot more. My goal is to retire in 10 years, once my new book gets on the New York Time's best sellers list. If that doesn't happen, then maybe I'll retire in 15 years.

I guess I already ruined the official announcement in that last paragraph, but yes, I am writing a book. I am keeping it pretty low key, but a few of you may get the honor to read through it and help me make changes. I actually don't suspect it to ever get published, but one of my life goals was to write a book. So, that is what I started to do. Once it gets more developed, I may start to clue everyone in as to the subject of the book. Let me just say, nerds like me will really appreciate it.

Well, work is my latest news. Just before work started, I did go on a trip to Escalante, UT and hiked some slot canyons with Jess and a couple friends. I'll blog about that shortly, and post some beautiful pics.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job. Good luck! We'll see who's buying who a plasma screen tv. You should add Dear Diary to your blogs section. curtisarmstrong.blogspot.com
    I know, I know. I haven't blogged in a while.
    Remember, you owe me a signed copy of your book (or pamphlet, however big it is) when it get's published. Talk to me when you're ready to publish it and I'll hook you up.

    -Curt (From Dear Diary)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, can't wait for future posts.

    ReplyDelete