Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Case of the Suspicious Spectacles

On January 8 at approximately 10:15 pm, I came up with the title to this blog. The events I am about to describe are real, or at least made up to sound real.

The holidays brought lots of visitors to our normally quiet abode. The season began by an expected visit in early December by the owner of the home we currently occupy. He came, he ate, and he left.

We had a day after Christmas party that was attended by most of the Jessica's family (aka "the in-laws"). They came, some of them ate, and some of them left.

New Years Eve brought another gathering to our home. This time, my friends from yesteryear came over to catch up on life and celebrate the decade now past.

After life settled back to normal and visitors stopped making the trek to Western Utah Valley, we decided to finally clean the house. As we did so, we noticed a pair of glasses that belong to neither myself nor to Jessica. This enigmatic eyeware was spotted between the arm and cushion of a little used armchair in the corner of the family room.

"How unusual?" I thought.

I quickly acted to crack the case. I texted all of my friends who were at the party. I sent an email to our December guest. And Jess texted her mother who invariably got the word around to "the in-laws." So far, no one has claimed these furtive frames.

Here is the evidence: A pair of glasses.

So, now I turn to you, my faithful readers to help me decipher how these glasses ended up tucked away in a green armchair.

Below is a picture of the specs spoken of. The lego man is not evidence in the case. He serves to hopefully bedeck an otherwise boring picture and provide scale lest any of you think that these glasses are either too large or too small to be owned by a human of usual size (an h.o.u.s.).



My determination to solve this case is wavering. I fear life-altering consequences such as prolonged blurry vision unless the glasses are returned to their rightful owner. If any of you can supply additional information, please email, text, or comment. There is no reward.

8 comments:

  1. Are they magnifiers? I use them, but these don't look familiar and I don't recall sitting in the green chair sewing while on my excursion to WUV-EM. And I know Dad didn't visit in December. Sorry I can't help with the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than glasses have been found in that recliner; we also found your Grandpa's dentures there! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always finding things at my house that don't belong to anyone. I have two sweatshirts, one blue and one red, that still have no owners. It makes no sense. They must be someone's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! how exciting. it seems like its the recliner that keeps on giving. and no. not mine. but if you need someone to take them out of your hands, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those might be mine...oh wait, nevermind. We were not among the prestigious guest list of lavish people to have attended any of said parties. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen those glass before but I do recognize the sweet glasses on the lego man. Can I claim those? They would look great on my Hans Solo lego man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jake and I had a good laugh over this post! Thanks for the visual stimulation of the lego man.

    ReplyDelete