Sunday, January 24, 2010

Count the Camaro...among my favorite cars

Six months ago, I wrote a blog about the Cache Valley Cruise-In and the many Camaro's that could be seen dragging main street. If you didn't notice my subtle sarcastic humor, I wasn't exactly complementary of the Camaro, nor did I intend to be. I never really thought that Chevy non-Corvette sports cars were that cool, and if you drove one, you probably wore tank tops and Levi cutoffs. I know this is a harsh generalization, and I apologize to all who have stuck with the Camaro through the years.

Admittedly, I have hopped on the Camaro bandwagon, especially after having seen the new redesign up close and even sat in one at the recent Salt Lake City Auto Show. I was so impressed that I have even come to the self realization that of the newly designed sports cars of yesteryear, the Camaro would be my top choice for purchase. Jess agrees they are nice cars, but has stuck with her love of the Ford Mustang. That means that eventually, we will just have to have two sports cars, instead of one.

Now, this does not mean that the next time we drive up to your house, that Jess will be in a Mustang, and I will be in a Camaro. In fact, if it were up to me, we would both pull up in a Ford Fusion Hydbrid, having driven 700 miles on a single tank of gas. But, the auto show has made me much more sympathetic to the Camaro, and I will no longer subject the Camaro to my sarcastic wit.


Jess standing by her all back Camaro at the Auto Show.

I continue to love red cars.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we missed you at the auto show. Timing!!!
    Anyway, we hung around the Corvettes and Jags.
    Hope you are all well.

    ReplyDelete